Effective July 1, 2012, the complaint clearinghouse, dispute resolution and general consumer protection investigative functions, previously performed by the Office of Consumer Affairs within the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, have transferred to the Office of the Attorney General Consumer Protection Section.
CONSUMER PROTECTION HOTLINE: 800.552.9963, Hearing Impaired: 800.828.1120 or within the Richmond, VA area 804.786.2042 M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Office of Attorney General
Consumer Protection Section
900 East Main Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
The VDACS Office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs (OCRP) oversees all registrations, investigations, and related surety management for certain types of businesses that are required to file with the Office and may be required to post surety for the protection of Virginia consumers. The types of businesses are charitable gaming, health spas, extended service contract providers, credit services businesses, travel clubs, membership campgrounds, prepaid legal services plans and organizations that solicit contributions for charitable purposes in Virginia.
- Charitable Gaming
- Charitable Solicitation
- OCRP is responsible for the administration of the Virginia Solicitation of Contributions Law, which requires any charitable organization soliciting in Virginia to register with it and as such, registration does not imply endorsement of a public solicitation for contributions.
- Charitable Organization Registration Search: Before contributing, it is always advisable to determine if the organization has filed with OCRP and to review financial information on the organization to determine how they intend to spend your contribution. Use this search to determine the filing status and other information about organizations, professional fundraising counsel and professional solicitors
- Charitable Solicitation Registration Forms and Information
- Unified Registration Statement: This form may be utilized by charitable organizations soliciting in multiple states.
- Charitable Solicitation Complaint Form
- Credit Services Business
- Extended Service Contract
- Fire Standard Compliant Cigarette Certification
- Health Spa
- Membership Campground
- Prepaid Legal Service Plan
- Virginia Prepaid Legal Services Plan Law
- Legal Service Plan Seller Registration Search - Use this search to determine whether a seller of prepaid legal service plan is registered with OCRS.
- Legal Service Plan Sellers Online Registration
- Legal Service Plan Sellers Online Registration Renewal
- Travel Club
- Waste Kitchen Grease
- A Guide to Virginia’s Horse Country - To obtain a free copy of the guide, call 1.877.TROT 2 VA. To request the guide in quantity (5 or more), call Andrea Heid, Program Manager for the Virginia Horse Industry Board, at 804.786.5842.
- Ag Resources for Teachers - suggestions for fun classroom activities with pages to download and print.
- Animal Care and Handling - frequently asked questions.
- Food Safety - proper food handling information and tips; even a quiz for kids.
- Certified Organic Producers - lists operations alphabetically by county or major city. Read each listing carefully to learn about individual farms.
- Virginia Christmas Trees - a guide to cut-your-own, freshly cut, and live Virginia-grown trees.
- Virginia Wineries - a listing of Virginia wineries and vineyards. Enjoy world-class wine and exciting activities for the entire family.
- Virginia’s Finest Products - look for the trademark that identifies top-quality Virginia-produced and processed agricultural products.
- Now you can find many of Virginia's Finest products online at Shopvafinest.com. Traditional favorites and gourmet delights make great gifts for any occasion.
For information about food festivals and other events, see News and Events.